Friday, January 16, 2009

Needle Felted Snowman

I get a magazine called Home Arts and on the cover they had a bunch of these ornaments made in all different color combinations. i thought that they were so cute and maybe easy. And you all know my only goal in life is to try every craft known to man! HAHA So I went to Joann's with a gift card and picked up some of the needed items. It is an expensive craft but I did some substitutions and made it work for fairly cheap. Instead of using wool roving Which I did use for the snowman's face, I used sheets of felt that was only 8 for 96 cents instead of 3.99 per color of roving. It was kind of fun and I like how it turned out...although I don't really like this color combo, but I think once I get all of them done it will be very cute to have all diff color combos.

4 comments:

Cook family said...

That is so cute but it looks really hard. You are so crafty.

Stephanie said...

I really like that. I've been making felt hair clips for the girls (you can see them at church today) and to sell and I think I might try some of those ornaments with the crazy amount of felt that I have. I love reading your posts; you are so talented.

Wendy said...

That is really cute, it is nice to hang some of your own handcraft things in your tree. I love it!!!

I was reading you want to try any craft. I also love to do any kind of creative things. I want to do too many things and too less time.

Megs said...

cute, good job!!