Thursday, May 8, 2008

I DO CAKES...


Our manual: WOOHOO
Ayden's first cake a 3D train...
We had some issues trying to make RED frosting so baby blue it became

Ayden's 2nd Birthday Cakes Ashten's 1st Bday Pig Cake. So funny!

Ayden's 3rd cake
Ayden's 4th cake...

Yes it was huge! and we had SOOO much leftovers but it was cool.

Ashten's 3rd cake.

This is my favorite so far...

It's official I'm on my way to being a "professional" cake decorator or so says the pimply boy cashier at Michaels. Kristin and I have had our first cake decorating class tonight. I got a little irritated when the instructor asked us, "Does anyone have any cake experience?" I said, "I do my kids' birthday cakes." I know just what she was thinking when she said " Ohhh, you will do SO much more than THAT." Kristin and I got the same picture in our minds: a 9X12 homemade cake with frosting slopped on and some candles stuck in it. SO here are ALL the cakes that I have made for my boys so far, and not one of them is even close to the "picture" she must have had in her mind. But, I can't wait to learn some new tricks for sure! I already learned how to smooth frosting properly, which I have had some problems with before for sure!!
SO I am SUPER excited to "do so much more than that!"


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Amie, you are amazing. I love all of those cakes, the pigs are hilarious and I think I agree and the spaceship is my favorite as well. And to think those are without a class- I cannot wait to see your new creations!

Anonymous said...

Cute!!!!!!!!!!!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

wow, is all i can say. i need to take that decorating class. after i make alexis' princess cake for her 3rd birthday my aunt said we needed to have frosting lessons. oops!