Thursday, May 29, 2008

I graduated!

Here is my final cake.


My "diploma" AKA Certificate of Merit
I went to our last class today or course 1 that is. I had the worst time with my roses because my frosting was overly stiff. But over half way through I got the frosting to the right (well good enough to get something done) consistency. I think it's pretty good it would have been way cute if I would have had more time. My favorite part was the leaves the frosting was awesome and they just turned out great. (Thanks Kristin for bringing that kind of frosting. I will have to buy next time!) Anyways, the best part of the class is that Ayden who had separation anxiety and major meltdowns when I started the classes has grown from this probably more than my cake decorating skills. He finally realizes that it's OK for Mommy to leave and I will come back. When I left today he said "Mommy, How long till you get back?, 15 minutes?" I said no 2 hours...as I cringed waiting for the meltdown...But he said, "OK, I love you!" He's growing up... :)... tear.

4 comments:

Wesley and Kristin Betenson said...

Seriously, We just did the cake last night. How is it you have all this time to update your blog. I guess I will have to do mine tonight :P

Beautiful cake. You could prob sell that one!!! Just a thought! Extra scrapbooking money!

The VanderHoevens said...

I should have ordered a Hollywood cake for my spoiled child's birthday party!

amie979 said...

HAHA The cake you had looked pretty dang good!!! YUMMM She's not really spoiled, I'm just bitter about you all going to Hawaii...LUCKY!!!

Heidi said...

Wow! I am impressed! Looks good!!